WHAT TO VISIT
Located in the valley of Leitzaran, crossed by the green path of the Plazazola and surrounded by mountains and lush forests, is the pretty village of Leitza. Both the town and the surroundings offer great possibilities for leisure. In addition its good location and communication allows the view of the most outstanding cities without large commutes.
Here are some of the highlights:
Leitza, the village
- Houses built in stone and wood with beautiful balconies. There is a saying in Leitza that the houses are angry with each other.
- Film scene; The good news, 8 Basque surnames, Dantza, Goenkale ...
- San Miguel Church: Built at the end of the 17th century. Beautiful views of the surroundings and surroundings.
- Town hall and square Euskal Herria: Center of the village. Market every Friday.
- Other sites of interest; Aiene laundry, Iberian architectural set ...
In the environment...
- Leitzalarrea: Firs of Izaieta, legally protected as a Natural Monument.
- Ixkibar: Recreation area equipped with tables, rotisseries and panels.
- San Miguel de Aralar Sanctuary: One of the oldest and most rooted centers of spirituality in Navarre.
- Other sites of interest; Peru harri (Park of the stone, Leitza), forest of Orgui...
- Mountain biking routes by the greenway of Plazaola: More than 50 km by the old railroad track that linked San Sebastian and Pamplona.
- Walking routes: Wide variety of routes in the surroundings; Birth of Iribas river, Leitzalarrea, Viewpoint of Albiasu...
- Mendukilo Cave: Stunning natural cavities full of magic and mystery.
- Active tourism: Beigorri Adventure Park (special families).
- Festivities: They are celebrated from the 10 to the 15 of August, in honor to San Tiburcio.
- Carnival: The fourth Sunday of January and the following Monday and Tuesday are celebrated.
- Day of the Orantzaro (Olentzero): Exhibition in the houses and contest of Orantzaros
- Other celebrations; Caceres, Cavalcade, Santa Agueda's Eve, stalk day...
- Talo. Maize cake typical of the north of Navarre which is filled with chistorra, bacon, cheese, chocolate...
- Lamb and veal meats are highly appreciated in the area.
- Products obtained in nature; Mushrooms, chestnuts, mushrooms, blackberries ...
- Other recommended products; chistorra, sheep's cheese, curd...
Close to everywhere
- To go to San Sebastian-Donostia: 34min. Take the dual carriageway A-15 towards Donostia-San Sebastian.
- To go to Bilbao: 1h 24 min. Take the dual carriageway a-15 towards Donostia-San Sebastian and then take the A-8 highway towards Bilbao
- To go to Biarritz: 1h 4 min. Take the dual carriageway a-15 direction Donostia-San Sebastian and then take the A-63 highway towards Bayonne.
- To go to Pamplona: 40min. Take the dual carriageway a-15 towards Pamplona.
- To go to Vitoria-Gasteiz: 1h 7min. Take the dual carriageway A-15 towards Pamplona then then take the A -10 direction Altsasua / Vitoria- Gasteiz and continues along the A1 to Vitoria- Gasteiz.